Find out what’s changed on the Understanding Welsh Places website.
- The addition of over 70 new place descriptions;
- The addition of new variables for each place. New variables are outlined with blue borders and include data on access to services, access to green space, broadband availability, numbers of public toilets, numbers of generative businesses and mental health statistics;
- Refreshed the inter-relationship classification of places. This now includes some of the variables listed above (see our Methodology section for more details);
- The addition of new Population Flow maps showing migrations and daily trips within Wales and across the border to England;
- Updated the Neighbourhood Maps, showing small area variations of the new variables listed above.