Find out what’s changed on the Understanding Welsh Places website.
- Update of flow maps to improve clarity including adding more flow data for smaller places and more detailed summary descriptions in the pop-up boxes;
- The addition of commuting flow data between Wales and England;
- The addition of graphical summaries of total commuting flows and total migration flows into and out of selected places categorised by Welsh and English local authorities;
- Update of daily flows (trips) to include classification by mode of transport and more detailed classification of time of day;
- A new data section on Connectivity including;
- travel distance maps by private transport for each place with over 2000 people;
- travel time maps by private transport for each place with over 2000 people;
- Maps and metrics on accessibility to railway stations for each place with over 2000 people, including data on average daily passenger numbers and the train routes and lines a station serves.
- To help identify these new features, variables and functionality, they have highlighted with blue borders throughout the website.